Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A Spiritual Experience

So today during work and having classes come in I talked with the librarian today about our belief and what we believe in, she is of a different faith but we got the subject of talking about well I started off saying that all these things that are happening in the world today about people changing their genders and everything and saying that I believed that what gender you were in heaven or spirit world is what your supposed to be here on earth and what she told me is that her faith doesn't believe that any of us were in heaven or spirit world, And then also I talked about the war in heaven and how we were all up there, Can any of you tell me if those two are the same or not? Anyways though when she told me that well at first she said "Were not sure where we were at? And I was just thinking: "I do" and then I wanted to ask her: "Mrs. Willson where do you think we were at? Just floating around in thin air somewhere" I am guilty for not saying what I think with things like that at least and well I think stuff more then I say and so I should have said that, I guess I was just scared though which is not a very good excuse I know. Anyways though like Julie I'm so grateful to be a member of the true church of Jesus Christ and know that it is the true church and not worry about what others tell me, and that I could find out for myself and know that God will answer my prayers. Most people I believe here listen to what their preachers tell them about our religion and don't find out for themselves, They depend on their preachers to tell them when really I think the preachers don't know any more then they think they do and so they just make stuff up, and so it has been hard here. But anyways I'm grateful to have the truth and grateful to have been able to do temple work for our ancestors and I love and miss you all.

2 comments:

lisa g said...

It is so wonderful to read your testimony. How did you surgery go?

It Just Keeps Getting Better said...

YOu did great Karli. Its so great to read your testimony. What a wonderful thing that we have the knowledge of the gospel. It helps us through the difficult times and seeing the changes in the world today. It helps keep us on the right path. Hope your surgery went good. Love you.
Julie